Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (War

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) RX100vi pics (War
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 12:46:25 -0700
On 9/3/2015 8:26 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Battery life just hasn't been a problem for me. For those who spend all their time using the phone for other things, it might throw battery life over the edge, but when I'm taking pics, I'm not using the phone for much else. So often out of cell range, anyway.
Yeah, I don't think tracking takes much juice. You are being frugal. Probably having the display on and redrawing the map all the time sucks the battery.

GPX Master has the option to show map or not. I leave it off.

Add that to 'normal' use and it becomes a problem.

FYI here is a screenshot of my friends iThingie track (highlighted) and my Garmin (red). The context was our trail mapping project and whether or not it would be useful to have people submit iphone tracks...a resounding NOT.
For most peoples' use however an iphone is just fine.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/iphonetrack.jpg>

The iThingie track is good for seeing where the tree coverage is greatest. :-)

Camouflaged Moose