Re: [OM] Eneloops R Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Eneloops R Us
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:02:22 -0500
Ion Moose wrote:
> The latest, BQ-CC17 is labeled 'Advanced' and is reportedly quite smart.
> Individual charge lights for all four positions, so one could charge a pair
> from one use and a single from another at the same time and see when each is
> done, for example. This is the day-to-day charger always plugged in at my
> house. Available from Amazon and in kits with batteries at Costco.

This is what I'm getting with my package. Got that with four AA
batteries and then another package of eight AA batteries. My old
chargers are pair chargers and also are "rapid" chargers which are
known to turn NiMH cells into incendiary devices.

> The Costco kits are a good deal, but the wrong mix of sizes for me, with
> more AAs than AAAs. I've bought mostly from Amazon, both eneloops and the
> Amazon branded ones. As far as I can tell, the Amazons are the same as
> eneloops.

I'm always tempted to save a dime and get some other brand. But
Amazon's price on the eneloops was right in line with what I wanted to
spend, so I'm happy. The risk/reward calculations showed me that I
might as well get the real deal.

I may be a tightwad, but...

AG