Re: [OM] A7RII for Zuikos

Subject: Re: [OM] A7RII for Zuikos
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:23:48 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG writes:

<<It appears that there is some aperture-based sensitivity, as well as
<<rear-node to sensor distance issues involved. Going back to the
<<ancient Olympus E-1, the filter stack was horribly thick and you had
<<some fall-off, but it was quite well-behaved. I'm not sure if what we
<<are seeing with the Sony is a fair representation because we're
<<pixel-peeping beyond what should be a reasonable point.

<<I know it's a little odd, but I'm not having any issues with the A7RIIITi.

All good points but I strongly suspect the smaller format plays a substantial
role in the zuiko behavior on the E1.
The effects of the sensor stack on RF WA's is not subtle at all though have
only seen a very few examples with film SLR lenses ---<=35mm seem to have
some degradation in the corners but it is modest. I have not seen any
substantial color smearing like with RF lenses.
The increased exposure heterogeneity across the frame with non system lenses
doesn't look like a biggie except at very fast SS's.  It looks
eminently fixable with Cornerfix though a pain to take a reference images for
all such situations.

https://sites.google.com/site/cornerfix/

Mike