Re: [OM] IMG: Sunday at the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Sunday at the Airport
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 17:20:34 -0400
Eyeball to eyeball!
That's worth sore knees.
Nice "bend" on the fueler, too

On Aug 16, 2015 3:30 PM, "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sunday activities at the airport normally involve skydivers.  From time
to time, the Cessna Caravan jump plane must take on fuel.  The airport just
received a brand new fuel truck to handle Jet A, for turbine engines.  The
old truck could back its platform beneath the wing of the Caravan, but the
new, larger capacity truck, is about a foot taller, so it must be backed up
to, but not beneath, the wing. The young lady guided the driver to position
the truck, and went about the refueling.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fueling+the+Jump+Plane.tif.html

> The gallery waiting to watch the jumpers had been entertained by a
Praying Mantis, which landed on one of them and was brushed off onto the
sidewalk.  I waited a while until it got into the grass before getting a
decent image.  All I had was the 27mm, so my knees got some good exercise.