[OM] IMG: Sunday at the Airport

Subject: [OM] IMG: Sunday at the Airport
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:30:07 -0500
Sunday activities at the airport normally involve skydivers. From time to time, the Cessna Caravan jump plane must take on fuel. The airport just received a brand new fuel truck to handle Jet A, for turbine engines. The old truck could back its platform beneath the wing of the Caravan, but the new, larger capacity truck, is about a foot taller, so it must be backed up to, but not beneath, the wing. The young lady guided the driver to position the truck, and went about the refueling.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fueling+the+Jump+Plane.tif.html

The gallery waiting to watch the jumpers had been entertained by a Praying Mantis, which landed on one of them and was brushed off onto the sidewalk. I waited a while until it got into the grass before getting a decent image. All I had was the 27mm, so my knees got some good exercise.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mantis+in+Grass.TIFF.html

Fuji X-E1 with 27mm, ISO 200, RAW

Comments and critiques welcomed.

--