Re: [OM] Postcard for His Mooseness

Subject: Re: [OM] Postcard for His Mooseness
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 06:07:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Agreed about the general lack of fences across the Diné-tah. I love driving
>through, however, and take one route or another through each time I've got
>to go in that direction. The only time I've encountered livestock on the
>road anywhere there was in right in Chinle in the middle of the day. An
>entire herd of cattle on the highway had things pretty well tied up.

     I first lived in Apache Junction when I moved here in 1979.  A year or so
later I got to experience the very last sheep drive while driving to work.
Thousands of sheep blocked University Drive and the Apache Trail while being
driven north to the rim country.  It used to be an annual event, but that was
the very last one.  Glad I was there to see it, even though all I could do was
stand there and drink my coffee.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson