Re: [OM] IMG: The Haul Anything Anywhere Machine

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Haul Anything Anywhere Machine
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 19:25:15 +0100
It’s a rather beautiful machine, Jim.  Having a propeller on the nose would
normally be regarded as an ugly addition, but this machine is lovely.  One
visited our base at RAF Wyton some years ago, appearing out of the murk in a
strange fashion.  It was in gunmetal grey (stop me if I have already related
this story) and looked sinister, perhaps like a CIA model.  But it was on
charter to a Swedish company and had had to divert from Cambridge airport in
really horrible weather.  Indeed, I had been teaching at around 5,000ft when I
noticed fog approaching the airfield and had to perform a very swift recovery
to the field, under the cloud at around 400ft; the PC-12 got in behind me, just
before the fog took out the airfield.

Chris