Re: [OM] Well, that was fun.

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, that was fun.
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:51:22 -0400
I am extremely antipathetic. (Though I like the word.) That said, in the
interest of full disclosure, the upstate of South Carolina is where my
paternal progenitor, George Fredrick Whitmire, settled after skedaddling
out of Pennsylvania during the French and Indian War. There is a town named
Whitmire, which once was his farm, and another named Hagood, which is the
name of the woman he married, Phoebe Hagood. After the Revolutionary War,
some of the Whitmires, including those who are my antecedents, beat feet
for North Carolina, where they settled in (spooky organ music) Transylvania
County. I suspect that some of them beat feet _during_ the war to avoid the
unpleasantness, of which there was a gracious plenty in the upstate.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal