Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 11:30:36 -0500
ChrisT & ChrisB,

If I recall correctly, vacuum loss most often resulted from the failure of an engine-driven vacuum pump. The plumbing was pretty rugged.

Conversely, the venturi-driven instruments had little to fail besides the instrument itself, unless one was in an icing situation where the venturi got blocked by ice buildup.

But those days are long gone.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA