Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Optimized Super Cub
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 10:19:42 -0500
That would have been nice 50 yrs ago. This guy is about 2 generations advanced from your choices, with 180 hp, glass panel, etc.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 8/9/2015 10:08 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
  A couple of guys parked this beautiful Piper PA-18 Super Cub and left
the airport, so I took a look at the airplane.  I appears to have been
rebuilt in Experimental Category to allow modifications. I noted a
modern panel, doors on both sides, what appears to be a baggage
compartment door on the left side, and a custom Mattituck TMX 360
version of the Lycoming 180 hp engine.  It also has drooped wing tips of
modern design.  Everything one needs to go for a $200 hamburger!

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/DSCF2062.tif.html

      Many, many years ago I had thoughts of owning my own airplane, and I had
come up with:

1.   PA-18 Super Cub
2.   Full greenhouse cabin
3.   Manual flaps
4.   Balloon tyres
5.   150HP Lycoming
6.   Variable pitch prop
7.   Dual VHF Com/Nav radios
8.   LF/MF ADF receiver
9.   Suction-operated backup horizon, etc.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson