Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide

Subject: Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2015 10:11:13 -0500
> This is what would make me very nervous and a further reason why
> visiting the US is not on our agenda :

Yes, we all live in fear...

Not.

As a member of a minority group, I know better than to "exercise my
rights" anywhere and everwhere. That's where "wisdom" comes in. Just
because I can do something doesn't mean I should do something.

Legally, I can drive down any open street in this country, any time
day or night. But wisdom says that I might want to avoid East St.
Louis in an open-top sports car at 11 PM on a Saturday night.

Let's put all this into perspective. You've heard about something like
a half-dozen incidents over the past couple of years. That's in a
nation of a population over 320 million people. Perspective IS a
wonderful thing.

AG (looking over shoulder) Schnozz