Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide

Subject: Re: [OM] University of New Hampshire Bias Free Language Guide
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 10:35:40 -0400
I have no doubt that it's real. True, something I would expect to find in
The Onion, but such is life these days.

But then to be fair, this kind of lunacy arises and wiggles out a foothold
precisely because so many people use language sloppily, and because they
are unable or unwilling to express themselves in such a way as to not give
offense. Here, and over there and on the continent as well, I think,
current "conversations" about emigrants and immigrants and folks legally
somewhere and illegally somewhere are a perfect example of the kind of
language usage that gives rise to this place at the University of New
Hampshire.

I'm actually surprised to find something like this at UNH. I didn't think
they had it in them. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal