Re: [OM] A reason to like LR (eek!)

Subject: Re: [OM] A reason to like LR (eek!)
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:47:16 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
SG writes:
<<Sorry to hear that Moose and Chris. I wonder if there's a needed
<<pre-requisite when installing on Windows and/or OS/X of which I am not
<<aware. It's too bad, really as there are quite a lot of useful features
<<packed into it for the Linux version.

A quick look suggested Digikam has features that might not be in LR such as
fuzzy search, face detection, and integrated maps for geo-coded photos. It is
basically for Linux
and seems to be buggy/slower in any other environment. I have noted that some
dual boot to use it,  but that seems to be a pain for one program. Perhaps use
Virtualbox (free) and use Kubuntu in there. One might have to activate VT-x
in the BIOS, but don't recall the details--might open up some security issues
as well.  Thinking about it again,   I see why I never had time to get to it.
Perhaps there are other options just as good.

Images less organized than optimal, Mike