Re: [OM] OT: Yet Another Google Intrusion

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Yet Another Google Intrusion
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 11:02:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Doesn't seem like a terrible thing to me....
>
>http://www.google.com/tools/firefox/safebrowsing/faq.html

     If you don't mind them keeping track of what web sites you visit.

     Looking thoroughly through the hard drive, I see that there are two
instances of the safebrowsing folder in the recycled bin.  The first (32K) was
from removing the Google Toolbar, and the second (5.12M) from this morning.
That's a significant increase, and it's no wonder now that my connection speed
was so slow as it takes about an hour to download 8M on dialup.

     More surprising when you realise that I have the automatic updates shut
off completely for Firefox as well as everything else.  Except Realplayer,
which does not allow you to shut that feature off.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson