Re: [OM] Antidote

Subject: Re: [OM] Antidote
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 20:17:38 -0400
Loved it.  Wish I'd seen it.

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/28/2015 6:29 PM, Moose wrote:
On 6/28/2015 1:04 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Gives a really good impression of what it was like, the sound helps
somewhat.

On 6/28/2015 6:56 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Love the wind sound/song!

Thanks, guys! And to think I almost did something to the sound. There's
another piece of video with Marnie offering advice on the sound track.
:-) But this was the best anyway.

The fog is fast moving, for sure. I would have been tempted to stay
there forever shooting shot after shot after shot and
hoping something came out the way I wanted it to.

Carol, Mike and Marnie were bundled up in the car, waiting on me, so we
could end an excellent day of seeing and photographing beautiful places
with a nice dinner.

Beyond that, the window of time is narrow. Earlier on such a day, it is
sunny and pleasant, with the marine layer a line on the horizon. Then
the wind picks up and the fog approaches. By the time of my video, the
wind is gusting at maybe 40 mph and the fog is rapidly covering the
land. Soon, there is no movement to see, just mysteriously misty
landscape. Later, the fog may rise or lower as it settles in, and the
wind will be almost still.

Had I brought along a pan head, I could have broken out the tripod,
changed heads, and gotten a much steadier video, while my ride drove
away. ;-)

Other days, the marine layer may not come in, or may never leave. To do
what you propose is more a matter of waiting for the right day than just
spending a lot of time on one day. Terrible, it would be, stuck in Big
Sur for ages, waiting for the fog and light. :-)

We were very fortunate with the weather on this trip.

Lucky Moose