Re: [OM] IMG: From Times Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From Times Past
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 10:20:01 -0700
In the late '40s and on into the '50s, Base Flight at a number of bases had one or more B-25s for pilots to get their reqired flying hours with. When I was stationed at Patterson Field in '48, I caught a ride out to California and back for Thanksgiving weekend in one. That was a fun ride. As I remember, those engines are very loud, due to straight stacks or something like that. Earplugs were necessary.
Paul in Portland OR