Re: [OM] Fw: lens Choices

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: lens Choices
From: "piers@xxxxxxxx" <piers.hemy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:46:50 +0100
John, there is also a choice of ultra-wide angle lenses in Fuji mount. The
Fuji branded lenses are of course pricey, although I am reasonably
confident that the results would be as satisfying as those from the ZD 7-14
on 4/3rds, thanks to in camera distortion. And then there are the likes of
Samyang and Zeiss! The latter is out of my league, but you might like to
look at http://www.hemy.me.uk/XPRO2401.JPG which is a camera-generated jpg
using a 12mm f/7.7 (fixed aperture) fisheye lens branded Rokinon, although
made by Kobalux, I understand. You might find it at B&H for around $150. I
appreciate that fisheye may not be what you mean by W I D E, although I
hope you can see that it is not too obvious that it is a fisheye, thanks to
careful placement of the horizon mid-frame. So perhaps
http://www.hemy.me.uk/XPRO2401DF.jpg might be more interesting. It is the
same shot, processed in raw through PSCC lens correction filter, took about
30 secs. The different colour rendition is because the jog had in camera
Velvia simulation, which is not applied to the raw file, of course. Notice
how little the de-fishing has taken from the fisheye image.

Piers