Re: [OM] My American Car

Subject: Re: [OM] My American Car
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 14:49:49 -0400
It’s our big wide roads with lots of shoulder and green verges beyond. Invites
slovenly behavior. <g>

On the other hand, my last rental in Scotland was a diesel Ford Focus. It did
the job, as in it got us around and we didn’t die, but I would never own one,
nor would I recommend one to anyone I actually liked. It didn’t handle all that
well and the rear window was all form and no function.

The VW Passat CC we had the first trip over was larger, but more agile, and
generated fond memories. Can’t say the same for the Focus.

—Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal