Re: [OM] I ♥︎ My American Car

Subject: Re: [OM] I ♥︎ My American Car
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 02:50:58 -0400
I know its fashionable and ?cool¹ to hate American cars, but its also
bullshit.

I had two Chevrolet Caprices. I put more than 200,000 miles on each,
despite abusing both terribly (I wrecked each of them several times). They
were just plain reliable and nearly indestructible. My current car, a Ford
Crown Victoria, has never given me a bit of trouble in the four years I
have driven it.

I think a lot of people are living in the past. American cars in the 70s
were crap. I remember my dad buying a brand new 1978 Chevy truck that
began rusting almost immediately after he bought it. Modern American cars
are well built and reliable. You DO have to take care of them. Change the
oil regularly, etc. You don¹t do that, and any car will fall apart. I know
the Chevy and Ford cars my family has owned have been trouble-free.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook