Re: [OM] Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] Rain
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 12:24:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>     This morning I woke up to thunder and lightning in all directions along
> with short
>periods of moderate to heavy rainfall.  I've had almost 0.10" of rain so far,
>though the
>airport has only recorded a trace and one nearby automatic rain gage only
>records 0.04".
>According to Intellicast composite radar we are going to have a long line of
>storm
>activity slice through here for most of the early morning.

     Now that the earlier storm activity has cleared, I took an average of the
three nearby rain gages and find that I've had about 0.12" of rain, and the
airport has recorded 0.02".  5 June is also without any measurable since 1871,
so we have set a new record.  Okay, it's not much, but a record is a record.

     We may have another good batch of showers this afternoon, as well as late
afternoon thermal convection showers for the next few days as the ground
moisture remains.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson