[OM] Rain

Subject: [OM] Rain
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 06:19:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Out here in Phoenix, the month of June is so dry that we actually have
days when there has never been any rainfall recorded since 1871.  Yesterday was
one of those days.  Abundant moisture from the remnant of Hurricane Andres gave
is some isolated showers, but nothing was measurable, so the record remains.
We even had some thunder and lightning.  The last time it rained in June was
back in 1993, and the total for the month was a scant 0.01", just above a trace.

     This morning I woke up to thunder and lightning in all directions along
with short periods of moderate to heavy rainfall.  I've had almost 0.10" of
rain so far, though the airport has only recorded a trace and one nearby
automatic rain gage only records 0.04".  According to Intellicast composite
radar we are going to have a long line of storm activity slice through here for
most of the early morning.

     Late next week we may have the remnants of Hurricane Blanca bring us more
rain.  So far, this has been an unusual hurricane season out here, and we're
only three weeks into it.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson