Re: [OM] E-M1 video

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M1 video
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 15:08:23 -0400
You guys are way, way far ahead of me. It may be nice but also costly for a one-off performance. It also sounds to someone like me (with zero video/sound editing experience) as a synchronization problem... especially with cameras that may have started recording some 5-10 seconds apart.

My thought was simply scrolling through the video on the instructor camera until an audience question was posed, then scroll through the audience video to the same point and splice the two together until the audience question is finished, then back to the instructor, etc. Probably not very professional, no fades or transitions, but I can at least understand the method with no difficulty.

However, I don't know how to edit a damned thing for video/audio. I opened up Olympus Viewer 3 thinking it would at least be able to play the .mov file produced by the camera. No dice. I tried Windows Media Player which, much to my surprise, choked over the .mov file claiming something invalid in the file. So I turned to QuickTime which can at least play the thing. So, I barely have anything that can play the files let alone edit and combine them. Suggestions? Freebies?

Chuck Norcutt