Re: [OM] Samyang 18-28/4.0-4.5 Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Samyang 18-28/4.0-4.5 Lens
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:56:34 +0200

>      I looked at a number of MF WA lenses, and I narrowed the choices down
> to the Samyang 18-28/4.0-4.5 and the Vivitar 17-28/4.0-4.5.  The Vivitar
> serial numbers began with "61", and I could not find anything that would
> identify the manufacturer.

According to the wiki the Vivitar is made by.. Samyang ;-)  ​<
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivitar>​. I read somewhere that the
different focal range might be introduced by the marketing department...

Since I was already very happy with the optical performance of my two
> Samyang lenses,

​Hmm... this 18-28mm is quite an ancient design, dating back to film. Those
are not the lenses the current fame of Samyang is based upon.

I don't think I would be glad with the first 4 pictures in this link: <
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/lens_test_samples.html>.

But please share your experience once you bought one.
​