Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers

Subject: Re: [OM] Of interest perhaps to Indiana Barker and other fliers
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:07:47 -0500
The most complex ones that I worked with were the F-111 and the B-70. We tested inlet/engine combinations in the PWT Supersonic Wind Tunnel (16x16x40ft test section) to determine inlet performance at various Mach numbers. The desired characteristics of such inlets are high pressure recovery and freedom from inlet unstarts (where the shock system is expelled from the inlet).

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA