Re: [OM] QRY: Feedback needed on crop - CNT'D

Subject: Re: [OM] QRY: Feedback needed on crop - CNT'D
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 09:03:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>THANKS all
>
>I'll try to finetune all this next weekend.
>
>In the meantime, here's the link to the semi-original file, in colour, if any
>one of
>you felt like playing with it a bit :-)
>https://filex.univ-lorraine.fr/get?k=RnGvZM2dQzdq7lR0WWF
>

>Your feedback is helpful, thanks again

     Looking at this colour photo I can see how cropping the B&W version has
difficulties.  In the colour version, the objects to the far left and right are
distracting, and when they are cropped out you end up with a nicely balanced
photo with a wide variety of colours and textures, and the colour of the sky
going from blue at the top to grey at the horizon is not distracting, instead
adding a nice degree of overall balance.  But, when converted to B&W with
adjusted contrast it ends up upsetting the balance, and cropping out a portion
of it as you did restores the overall balance nicely.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson