Re: [OM] PANO: Strasbourg from the top

Subject: Re: [OM] PANO: Strasbourg from the top
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 17:28:27 -0400
>> Adobe doesn't like fuji x-files much.

Yes, Adobe's Raw  conversion used to be awful, but is now just OK.  C1 is
better as far as I can tell.  In cam conversion is very good.

CFA's have trade offs by nature. Xtrans designed so the "green" raw channel has
more coverage but less positional symmetry than in a Bayer sensor and as a
direct result there is less high-frequency luminance "miscalculations" in the
interpolation, giving lower noise in raw conversion. The larger B to B and R to
R distances necessitate a large chroma smoothing radius resulting in
"watercolor effects or artifacts--balance seems different with different
converters. Accuraw allows one to adjust the balance though have never used it.

https://sites.google.com/site/accuraw/

I have read it may be possible to use a POCS algorithm to minimize the
complications of the uneven channel coverage but have not seen any evidence
that anyone is working on it.

Mike