[OM] An example [was Panorama in LR]

Subject: [OM] An example [was Panorama in LR]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 15:16:29 -0700
On 5/8/2015 12:53 AM, Philippe wrote:
Cool!

Place and pano.

Thanks!

I think there's a lot of information lost in the shadows, as presented here
though.

I played a little with it in LR5 and the boulders (left) and the creek (right)
might benefit from it.

You are right that there is more detail available in the shadows. The presentation is deliberate. I have many, many other shots of that coast. This one is about the amazing clouds that formed just as the sun was about down, providing special light. Also, it was really quite dark, and I wanted to retain that feeling. I was glad I had a flashlight with me as we went back up the trail, although we only needed it in a couple of places where raised roots present a tripping hazard.

Here's another image, taken on the trail a little later. It may easily be done several ways: <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/_MG_8115.htm>

1. As shot
2. A little Sky drama
3. Water up, shadows to silhouettes. This is the one I prefer.
4. OK! Loook at all that shadow detail! But visually, I lose the sky.
5. LCE, for more tonal detail/punch
6. Grass and trees down a bit
7. Grass down to darker than trees

Seven is a nice enough image, but for me, it's about the sky and its
reflections, so Three is what I would use.

Just a bit of sharpness too might help IMHO (distant clouds and fir trees).

Yup, I could have done that. This was just a quick downsizing, without paying attention to details. The above example should be better. I was simply reacting quickly to the ballooning horizon in Tina's LR stitch.

Perfect stitching BTW, congrats to Moose the fine taylor ;-)

Thanks, but the real credit goes to PSCS. I just stood there, rotated myself, took shots and later fed them into the PS stitcher. :-)

Rotational Moose