Re: [OM] Panorama in LR

Subject: Re: [OM] Panorama in LR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2015 22:05:20 -0700
On 5/7/2015 12:19 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
The newest version of LR makes it possible to stitch together panoramas
without going to PS.  Here is a panorama of 9 vertical shots stitched in LR:
Very nice. The water horizon looks slightly bowed, otherwise it sits
very well with me.

Does "...sits very well with me." mean you would be pleased with that result in
your own work?

"The patient is fine, except for that thing about his heart not beating."

A bowed horizon like that would drive me mad.

It would be interesting to see the results of the same in PS. I don't recall seeing such an effect. In fact, here's a panorama stitched in PS from 9 vertical frames with horizon. Original is 10,000+ pixels wide, but I've made it the same width as Tina's. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Maine/MtDesert/_MG_8088-96mid.jpg>

Horizon looks pretty darn flat, including when checked in PS.

Level Headed Moose

PS: For anyone curious, taken near sunset at the end of the Ship Harbor trail in Acadia NP. Looks fabulous as a two page spread in a book with lay flat pages.