Re: [OM] Lens Choices - Final Installment

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Choices - Final Installment
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:21:27 -0500
Hi Chris,

I am using a Photodiox adapter of that same design, but don't like it, much because of my poor decisions. After I hung some heavy lenses on my adapter, the set screws would not prevent the lenses from wobbling. So, dumb me, I joined the two parts with Superglue, then tightened the set screws. This stopped the wobble, but the thickness of the glue caused me to be short of infinity focus. So, I polished off enough metal to get a perfect infinity focus. Great, except the lens markings, normally on top when the lens is tightened, are now at the "2:30" position when viewed from the front. This makes things awkward at times.

I prefer either one-piece adapters, or two pieces joined by drilled and countersunk screws.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA