[OM] Problems.....solutions?

Subject: [OM] Problems.....solutions?
From: <dlmparker1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 20:59:44 -0700
All members....

I am new to this list and someone here may be able to help and shed some light
on a potential problem.

On the 12-40 pro zoom regardless of where  you are in the setup if you pull the
snap ring you go into manual focus. If you have magnify and peaking setup in
your camera then that also comes into play when you pull the snap ring back. It
works the same with the 40 -150 pro zoom. All very smooth and seamless.

With the 17mm and apparently with the 12mm (the only prime lenses with a snap
ring) when you pull back the ring the manual focus becomes very "jerky" and the
magnify and peaking modes are not implemented. If you set the camera menu to
manual focus everything works very well. My contact at Olympus tried his 17mm
and 12mm as well as 2 or 3 other 17`s and they all work the the same as mine so
we concluded that may be the way it is.

I am not ready to give up but I need to do more research. I do not believe it
is correct. If it is......then why have the snap ring? AND, I find it hard to
believe I am the only one complaining about this.

I use the snap ring to manual focus often and coming from the rangefinder world
(Leica M’s) I find the peaking feature wonderful for these aging eyes. Split
image focusing for the old perhaps?

Thank you everyone in advance for you insight.

David Medley