Re: [OM] File losses

Subject: Re: [OM] File losses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 13:46:10 -0400
Something is still seriously wrong. 5.5 MB/second is not very fast but something you could live with. It's also normal for performance to vary depending on what section of the disk is being used. The outer tracks are faster than the inner tracks by maybe 2:1.

I don't know the answer but am beginning to suspect the software you're using. I suspect it may have a memory management bug. Can you check the total memory in use while its running? Can you tell if it's paging?

If your computer has a small memory it also possible that your continuance of "normal operations" is interfering... especially if the software has memory management bugs.

Chuck Norcutt