Re: [OM] File losses

Subject: Re: [OM] File losses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 03:12:18 -0700
On 3/20/2015 1:37 AM, philippe.amard wrote:
Philippe who doesn't even wonder when the time comes, which of his offspring might be willing to peruse thousands of shots they do not care about :-(

I have in my basement at least many hundreds of my dad's slides, in boxes and carousel magazines.I know there are shots in there that I and my brothers would enjoy seeing. But, as my mother said, he would spend a great deal of time trying various lenses and angles on the same subject; she was his sometime equipment Sherpa.. Needless to say, his slide shows were tedious.

I think I'm a better and more interesting photographer than he was. BUT - I have the same tendency to keep 'em all after the fact and since digital, the numbers have increased much faster.

And I seem to be doing my best to be sure that this questionable legacy will outlast me. :-) At least the last few years' images are geotagged, so if anyone cares, they can know where they were taken. Dad's pics aren't well documented, and it can be frustrating to see something/where interesting looking, and have no idea at all where it is.

And it's so much easier and quicker to leaf through mine on the computer than
Dad's using a projector.

The best solution may be a funeral pyre, my house with all my junk and images
in it.

But you never know. An old friend inherited his father's thousands of meticulously cataloged slides in a bunch of metal drawers. As a book editor, he later found a project where he could use and credit many of his father's shots from around the world.

Lasting Legacy Moose