Re: [OM] McCurry

Subject: Re: [OM] McCurry
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 12:15:14 -0500
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agreed. He's a great photographer, but certainly not the only great
> photographer. He has certainly learned the art on how to identify a
> story and get the results to support that story. I just fear that he's
> trying to manufacture a story behind his own success and it just isn't
> sounding right. A little reminder to him: When the story is about you,
> you are no longer able to cover the story. Brian Williams comes to
> mind.
>
> Personally, I think that Tina's photography runs circles around his.
> Tina's shows real life. Steve's is often times obviously staged or
> defined.

For me, that's one of the problems with a lot of the Nat Geo/Smithsonian
photos. I see those, and feel bad about myself and my own skills. But then
I discover that the photographer spent 10 months waiting in one location
and had 5 reflectors and light modifiers and an assistant and got the
people to pose for the photo....
--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie