Re: [OM] McCurry

Subject: Re: [OM] McCurry
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 11:20:42 -0500
> world¹s most famous photograph?  Most iconic photo of all time?   Please.
> Maybe mccurry¹s most famous photo, possibly.

I'm not so sure about that. Let's put 200 year glasses on. Will this
photo stand the test of time like the Mona Lisa? Very possible.

> His nonsense self-aggrandizing comments take away from the value of his
> work. Rubbish like:

Agreed. He's a great photographer, but certainly not the only great
photographer. He has certainly learned the art on how to identify a
story and get the results to support that story. I just fear that he's
trying to manufacture a story behind his own success and it just isn't
sounding right. A little reminder to him: When the story is about you,
you are no longer able to cover the story. Brian Williams comes to
mind.

Personally, I think that Tina's photography runs circles around his.
Tina's shows real life. Steve's is often times obviously staged or
defined.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx