[OM] Zuiko Dinner Fest Portraits

Subject: [OM] Zuiko Dinner Fest Portraits
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 18:45:09 -0400
I really do like the new Moose hat obtained at Nepenthe in Big Sur.  Moose is
quite photogenic, IMO. The DZ 45/1.8 does work quite well for portraits
though what I have seen of the 42.5/1.2 Panny-Leica Nocticron, the latter is a
bit better with smoother bokeh, though at a premium price as well as
size/weight considerations. It does have the aperture control (doesn't seem to
work on Oly bodies) but has OIS too if required.

I fell down on the job by not shooting one of Marnie. I had the Cosina
Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 SL-I with me and a nice flash which is great for
portraits, but sometimes a bit to sharp even wide open. I often take it or the
Z. 85mm/f2 on trips. The CV has better bokeh with the background at about 10ft
then the Z. 85,  but both are very nice. Here is one of Marnie from a recent
trip with the CV90 at f3.5 and fill flash:

http://tinyurl.com/lptph9o

Serious omission, Mike