Re: [OM] Zuiko Dinner Fest Portraits

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko Dinner Fest Portraits
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 15:21:15 -0700
Thanks, Chris!

And Chuck! No, no cheese that night. But the cheeseless food was great.

On 3/13/2015 7:35 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 3:43 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday, the Zuiko tenders had dinner at a nice Thai restaurant. E-PM2
and the D.Z. 45/1.8 were present.

The lens's rep as a great portrait lens was borne out.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=16560>
Very nice! Those photos have a very pleasant quality,

Thanks!

  although the second one's dof is very shallow.

All are shot wide open, f1.8. All seem to me at original size to have nailed
focus on the close eye.

Mike's shot of me is at a greater distance, so DOF effects are less noticeable. Mike was sitting to my left, and Carol across the table, so he was closer, and his nose may well stick out little farther than Carol's. That makes his head in the web image larger than hers, which would explain at least part of the DOF differences.

Then, again, all have been processed to protect the aging innocent.   Which may
confuse the sense of DOF a little. ;-)

OTOH, I think the portrait of Mike is terrific, even if DOF is slightly shallow. Lots o luck, a little experience; and of course the lens.

I.M. Modest Moose