Re: [OM] Monochrome Experiments

Subject: Re: [OM] Monochrome Experiments
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:11:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>>       Oh, bugger.  I don't have anything other than the Olympus software
>>>for viewing ORF files.
>>
>>RawTherapee is free, and pretty good. It will give you a conversion without
>>any Oly 'opinions'.
>

>Here's a few more, can't vouch for them, but all free.
>
>Darktable      http://www.darktable.org/
>FastStone      http://www.faststone.org/
>GIMP           http://www.gimp.org/
>LightZone      http://lightzoneproject.org/
>Paint.net      http://www.getpaint.net/
>UFRaw          http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/

     Thank you for all that.  RawTherapee sounds like a usable alternative as
I've become comfortable with the GNU applications.  UFRaw also sounds
interesting, and it's too bad it can't be installed as a GIMP plugin.  I'm
going to download both of these and give them a try this weekend as it's going
to rain beginning Saturday evening and continue to Monday, then taper off into
Wednesday, so I need a few indoor projects to keep me busy.

     You have to be careful downloading RawTherapee as there are different
versions for WinXP and Win 7/8/9.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson