Re: [OM] Cuba

Subject: Re: [OM] Cuba
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:44:23 -0600
World Travelled Tina wrote:
> We have made it back as far as Cancun, where we will spend a few days
> adjusting to capitalism before we head back to the farm.  I deleted several
> thousand e-mails that had accumulated while I was without internet service
> so I hope everybody is well and still posting photos!

Somewhat. Winter doldrums or something. I think we accounted for only
one of those thousands. Probably because I've been too busy to be too
mouthy.

> I have taken 15,934 photos so far but haven't looked at any of them, except
> to download them into LR.

My OCD would have set in and I would have fired off 66 more pictures.

> Cuba was/is fantastic and I would go again anytime.  It reminded me so much
> of Honduras.  Farmers invited us to their homes to have coffee.  Everybody
> was super nice and friendly.  We had no problems at all except for the
> food, but you don't go to Cuba for the food!

It's on my list--somewhere way below Patagonia.

> Only two people in Cuba recognized that I was using Leicas and both were
> Leica users themselves.  Managed to drop and jam the M9 and 24/2.8 but
> could still hyper-focus with them.  No other camera problems.

Ugh. Well, your cameras usually do tend to scream for mercy, so the
emotional impact is probably more damaging.

> I'll be back in York at my computer editing photos in a few days.

I am looking forward to your return and sample pictures. It's been a
depressing month, being Tinaless.

AG