Re: [OM] Speaking of Adaptors

Subject: Re: [OM] Speaking of Adaptors
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 08:33:50 -0500
I think following the design of a side-pinch lens cap would be very difficult. If you look at the underside you'll see that much of the real-estate is occupied by the spring and slide mechanism.

I think more valuable would be a bayonet mount for filters. I can't recall which camera/lens maker made such things but I think such have been used in the past. From things you've said here before I think you're something of a machinist and probably have (at least) a metal lathe. How about a 2-part adapter: the lens side consists of male threads to the lens on the back side and a thin, larger diameter plate topped with female bayonet flanges on the front side. The filter side is a thin plate with male bayonet flanges on the back side and filter threads in the center of the plate. If you make it large enough you could probably employ filter adapter rings to cover several filter and lens filter ring diameters.

Chuck Norcutt