[OM] Olympus Futures

Subject: [OM] Olympus Futures
From: "Bob Benson" <bob.benson91@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 22:04:33 -0600
I imagine you all have seen this interview:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/5476551037/interview-with-setsuya-kataoka-f
rom-olympus-om-d-high-resolution-mode#comments

It's interesting how the "moore's law" thing, so much affecting computing
over the years, apparently has been affecting cameras.   That's obvious of
course, as we've watched every manufacturer make significant strides every
year with sensors, features, etc.  For me it's hard to keep track of all the
things I can do now with a camera.

But one has to wonder where we'll be in, say, five more years.   I'm
starting to think the thing on which to focus is lenses.    The ability to
capture photons well probably is limited by the capability of the lens.
Accordingly, the main point would seem to be investing in the best lenses,
with the confidence that they can be used with future versions of cameras.

Bob Benson