Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:46:50 -0500
   The threat from dogs depends a bit on where you live. In the suburban
neighborhood where I live there are hundreds of dogs. The vast majority are
family pets that are well socialized and of little to no threat. However,
drive 40 minutes from my area and you are in a rural setting where there is
a class of people who feel the need to have guard dogs. Most are
ill-tempered, poorly socialized Pit Bulls that have been raised by their
owners to be just that. They are usually tied or chained in the yard and if
they free themselves they can be quite dangerous to passersby. Please don't
take this as a screed against Pit Bulls. I have met many who have been
properly raised and socialized and make fine, gentle, loving pets.

Charlie