Re: [OM] E-M5 II announced

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 II announced
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 07:49:44 -0500
I have no idea why but don't think I'd be concerned, I'd just avoid EFC when using flash. I don't think re-introducing shutter shock is likely to be detrimental to a flash picture. Regardless of the shutter speed the flash exposure will likely be much faster than the shutter and not record the shutter vibration. The ambient exposure of the background will be much less important and, I suspect, not bothered by the shutter shock in any material way.

A flash exposure using an E-M5 with anti-shock turned off could probably answer the question but I don't feel like experimenting... too many variables of shutter speed, flash exposure duration and ambient light exposure.

Dr. Flash

Just a couple other things.  I think I mentioned that the Flash sync
speed with EFC is 1/20 sec and "not recommended."  Hmmm, what's with
that?