Re: [OM] Latest E-M5 II rumors

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest E-M5 II rumors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:53:34 -0800
On 1/28/2015 2:26 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
How does that benefit me with no 4/3 lenses?

In theory, data from the PD elements may speed up focus by, as Ken says, knowing which way focus lies. It could also probably help with focus tracking.

In some implementations, the mini Nikons come to mind, PD is used to get close
v. fast, then finished with CD for accuracy.

Whether there's a practical difference in this camera vs. the E-M5, I don't know, I do know from reviews that if there, it is v. small.

In any case, you now have whatever advantages it may bring. :-)

Focused Moose