Re: [OM] Sony A7s flash comment

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A7s flash comment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:42:00 -0500
I've answered my own question. This rather amazing development only leads further into Sony's penchant for proprietary technology. See: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_Interface_Shoe> This new interface shoe design is really only intended to bring together Sony's own incompatible flash units. It will also fire other flash units that fit into a standard ISO hot shoe (most of them) in non-TTL mode. Big deal. The pro in the video doesn't really know what he's talking about with flash.

Dr. Flash