Re: [OM] California (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] California (long)
From: Larry Griffin via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 08:52:50 -0800
I did a few searches this morn in the hopes of helping, and got totally befuddled. I found this site that has nice page layout that let you chose years easily. Then each year has the changes made in some detail. What I didn't see was mention of - Silver Streak, and there were no images.

http://www.earlytimeschapter.org/1940.html

Then I looked at this site that inferred that it was for 42-48 Pontiac's. There were a few images and the bottom of the page. Not much interesting except, on the bottom page there is a table of model numbers by body style(?). There are two different models "Torpedo" 119 inch wheel base, "Streamliner" 122 inch wheel base, and a number of body styles for each. What got me was in the exceptions block where it is noted "Also the Streamliners were offered in Streamliner Chieftain models". "Chieftain" is a model name I'm familiar with. There is nothing there that equates to the "Silver Streak", mentioned on Large Format. Did the poster on Large Format mean Streamliner. The station wagon was only available on the Streamliner wheel base. Since GM shared body panels, egad. I'm also wondering if they offered trim packages. Unless something more can be pulled out of the picture of Ansel and the wagon, like and emblem or the hood ornament. The only definitive answer may be to find out what vehicle(s) Ansel had registered the year the picture was taken.

http://www.classicalpontiac.com/html/40s.html