Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pup

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pupil diameter
From: Paul Laughlin <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:10:16 -0800

It comes with aging, Chuck. And, trust me, it tends to get worse, later on. LOL
Paul in Portland OR

On 12/24/2014 1:46 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Don't feel bad.  I've been making some truly stupid mistakes lately...
maybe starting with not reading the Pentax binocular manual?? :-)

But lately I've gotten much worse.  After moving into this new house I
had to assemble a computer desk and small filing cabinet for my wife's
new office.  She's very happy to have her own office and a real computer
desk but I managed to make a couple of small assembly errors with
required me to back up and redo some things.  As if that wasn't enough I
also had to assemble the new Weber gas grill.  Did the same sort of
thing.  Even though I know gas grills have locking casters on the front
wheels I managed to reverse front and rear until it was all done and
only then discovered it didn't want to move because the rear casters
were locked.  I also forgot to put the lock washers on the side shelves
and had to remove them and redo.  Nothing major...

But the crowning error was yesterday.  My wife requested a large towel
bar on the back of both bathroom doors.  While walking by she asked
(incredulously) why I was installing the towel bar on the front of the
door facing the hallway.  It was because I started to measure for
positioning on the front side because it has better access from the
front.  After doing the measurements I simply forgot where I was working
and proceeded to mark and drill four mounting holes... before she walked
by.  Arggh!!!  Fortunately, the door is wood but painted and fixing the
holes is easy.

I've been measuring twice but failing to engage brain along the way.

Chuck Norcutt