Re: [OM] Olympus FP-1 - was Re: You know what I miss?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus FP-1 - was Re: You know what I miss?
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 11:08:49 -0600
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Ian Manners <void@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> ok, no need, I googled it :)
>
> <http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/remote_pinout/#olympus>
>
> it reckons the E-300 also has that plug on the battery
> holder, I've never notice..
> I've checked and the E300 battery holder does
> indeed have the remote shutter socket as well,
> I can remember it now, I'd simply forgot.

Nice! I've been looking for a pinout all morning!

So, they both use three pins - shutter, focus, ground. In theory, that
means that I could take one E-1 cable and one of the cheaper Chinese OM-D
cables, cut them apart, use a DMM to trace the wires to the pins, splice
and heatshrink, and voila!

In theory at least. That should allow me to custom-build a cable that will
connect the E-M5 to the FP-1.

It's kind of a shame - I have a nice Press-T bracket, but without a shutter
release on the handle, it's exceptionally awkward to use. If I could find a
two-stage button, I could possibly mount it on the handle and wire directly
to it... hmmmm....
--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie