Re: [OM] Olympus FP-1 - was Re: You know what I miss?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus FP-1 - was Re: You know what I miss?
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 00:56:59 +0800 (WST)
Hi Paul,

> I wonder if it's possible to split an OM-D remote cable and a FT cable and
splice the necessary wires together? Or if they're
> completely incompatible functions?

> If so, then I'm back to wondering why nobody has made one for the
OM-D's?

Years ago I would have gladly pulled the flash handle
and the OM-D apart for find out if its a simple short/open
but as I get older.. or maybe its just all the pulling apart
of other peoples stuff I've done over the years.. the
incentive and exitment of finding out how something
works has dimmed.

Hmm, the OM-D remote trigger looks like it's simply a
switch.. I cant find any mention of any required voltage,
resistance, or pulse.

Hmm, maybe I will pull the FP1 apart and have a look to
see if that is simply a simple contact switch.

Problem with the FL-50 and FL-36 is there seems to
be limited compatibility to the OM-D's anyway but
being able to use the handle button means I'm more
likely to actually use the FP-1 a lot more.

I'll let you know after Christmas when I've finished cleaning
up and have the incentive of a hot day to stay in the workshop.

I'm left the FP-1 on the workbench to remind me :)

ok, no need, I googled it :)

<http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/remote_pinout/#olympus>

it reckons the E-300 also has that plug on the battery
holder, I've never notice..
I've checked and the E300 battery holder does
indeed have the remote shutter socket as well,
I can remember it now, I'd simply forgot.

Makes me wonder why Oly doesnt include it
with the OM-D's. Better that having something
that needs to be plugged into the USB socket,
or even if they had a similiar socket on the
battery adapter as well.

I found a link to an actual adapter cable but noted that
it redirects to another redirect. I dont use Windows
or Mac, I'm not game to follow links like that, I
suspect its a search bot infection vector, so be
warned if you search for one.

Cheers
Ian Manners
Of nowhere in particular.