Re: [OM] Paphiopedilum Orchid focus stack

Subject: Re: [OM] Paphiopedilum Orchid focus stack
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:46:54 -0800
The images are aligned and resized as necessary by the software. ....

One can control how the "seams" are handled in most of the software (I don't think it is adjustable in PS though). I tend to keep the areas a bit softer to avoid extra work in cleaning them up, unless I think a lurking pixel peeping Moose is going to scrutinize the image and really see how the sausage is made--then one can keep the areas sharp and clone out the areas that look like a sharp margin is present. It can take a long time and I didn't have time today to work towards an image that could withstand that degree of scrutiny. I hope at viewing size it is acceptable.

Yup, looks great at screen height. At 100%, some hair troubles and not enough slices for perfection. :-) But then, what does one need 100% for, other than finding that the world continues to be imperfect? ;-)

Full Size Moose