Re: [OM] Purple fringing

Subject: Re: [OM] Purple fringing
From: Hughes <hi100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 03:37:18 -0800
<
I assumed that "white" LEDs were actually a combination of R,
G & B LEDs.

For special applications like digital projectors, they do use RGB and also mood
lighting where you can set color mix.
But the vast majority are phosphor based.

You can do really nice things using RGB though, for example it gives really
great color separation and high saturation, if you use it for photographic
lighting.

Tim